Staying happy on social media

Ahh social media, I often struggle to get the hang of you but deep deep down I know we are friends. When we all start off our journey online it can be both really exciting and scary at the same time. We often get a little worried about the things we post and whether we might have just posted "too much". So here's my guide to staying positive on social media whether that be Blogging, Instagram, Twitter, you name it.

1) Stop looking at numbers. I'm kinda fed up of going on blogs and finding posts like "How to get more followers" or "How to increase your traffic" because it steals the joy out of posting online and makes it into a industry and a profession rather than a hobby and that's what social media is about it's about enjoying yourself. It doesn't matter about comments or likes as long as you enjoy documenting your occasions because at the end of the day we actually post for ourselves. 

2) Comparing your life leads to misery. I'm probably so guilty of this. Often we find ourselves following people and in someways comparing their lifestyle over ours. I kinda cover this a little in my post here, but often we are inspired to be like people because of their appearances or their looks. But behind the screen things often seem different.  

3) Post when you like, what you like. Ok so this goes back to the first post but we often find ourselves posting things to get followers but this often destroys all the fun out of social media because we're creating an artificial persona to impress people. If we perhaps post things we like then maybe your followers might unfollow you but at least you made a choice for yourself rather than for someone else.

That's all the tips I can think of right now, I hope this post help some of you and I'll see you in the next post.
post signature

4 comments

  1. I think the last point is the most important for me. Often I find myself worrying about the things I post, and whether my readers will be interested or not, but my blog is for me more than anyone else. I'd rather write what I love, and have a few readers who enjoy it than have to maintain a false persona!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can certainly relate and agree because when I started my blog I tried way too hard and the moment I saw blogging as a hobby and took it easy, the followers and readers came with it.

      Delete
  2. I struggle with this! I started my blog just to have a creative outlet and maybe make a few blogger friends (which I have!) but I get excited when the views are high...which means when they're lower sometimes I'll be sad. I have to tell myself that even if no one reads it, I still have my creative outlet and it's fun for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I love having my blog as somewhere I can express myself and even if no one reads it who cares because I'm having fun

      Delete