A day of rowing and old friends

This weekend three friends and I decided to attempt the quintessentially British past time of rowing and I must say that it is a lot harder than it looks. It was incredibly nice to see my old college friends, not only did it take my mind away from this term's extra stressful hospital placement, I actually got to laugh so much. The funniest part is one of my friends is extremely frightened of the ducks and since I kept feeding them they kept coming close to the boat. This meant my friend would often move to the other side of the boat causing the boat to jerk rapidly...it was funny at the time but now thinking about it I doubt falling into the water would have kept us laughing, thankfully we stayed dry. 

I even managed to convince my friends to take my outfit pictures and after a lot of bullying  I mean persuasion I got a few snaps (Thanks Shazia for being patient with me). Unfortunately as adamant as I am to get some pictures of my outfits the wind however did not agree with me at all, hence the wind blown dress through out. 

What i'm wearing: Dress: Sapphire London/ Shoes & Coat: H&M/ Bag:Diamond Hijabz/Hijab: Whitechapel Market.

I bought this beautiful dress from Sapphire London in a local summer fete for the bargain price of a tenner, however I have to say that for some reason the arms of the dress don't fit me entirely I find it a bit tight. None the less it's a beautiful dress. Also in the same summer fete my mummy bought me this beautiful red bag in the Diamond Hijabz stall and it's reminiscent of the Saint Laurent bag that i've been eyeing for so long but for a fraction of the price. I'm trying so hard this summer to wear as little black as possible but I know with Ramadan coming (or already here if your reading this later) I'm going to go back to black. 

Shop similar items here:

Thanks for reading and i'll see you in the next post. Let me know in the comments below if you've ever tried rowing and how you found it.
post signature

2 comments

  1. Looks like a fun day! Love the outfit, and the ducks and geese are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thanks Mattie, it certainly was!

      Delete