HK Scarves Review: Cotton/Wool Mix Hijabs

I'm the kind of person who constantly buys cheap hijabs from places like whitechapel and markets around London and although it is good value for money you can't really expect it to last very long. So I decided to embark on a quest to find the perfect hijab, a hijab that will last very long and is very good quality. First stop HK Scarves.



I bought the cotton/wool hijab in both pink and in grey, and thanks to their Ramadan offer I also got a free black hijab viscose/cotton (I won't however be reviewing in this post). When I did decide to purchase it I did find their prices a little pricey but then again i'm a poor student (I'll just justify my purchase by saying it's an eid present to myself...ahh I feel better about it already). Although I'm going to say as compared to other online shops her prices are quite reasonable. I just want to mention that they do have a no refund policy which I always get a little nervous about when clicking the pay button.

I love how super soft the hijab is, it is alot softer than the typical viscose/cotton hijabs probably because its a 85% cotton mix as compared the the viscose 50% cotton mix. I did intially buy the hijabs with the intention of wearing it during the winter time but I can't help but feel that they are more suitable for summer. The only reason I say this is because I was expecting a much thicker hijab due to the wool mix, but unfortunately it is just as thin (if not thinner) than the typical viscose market hijabs. But Alhamdulillah my current hijab style involves me folding the hijab into a square, so that I can get a point at the top, this means that the hijab becomes thick enough for it to have maximum coverage. The hijab does snag quite alot, so I would recommend using no snag hijab pins.

So I summary I think I would probably buy this hijab again, in fact I'm really contemplating getting their mushroom brown colour because that seems to be the colour I don't have in my collection yet. If I had to rate the hijab out of 10 for quality & value for money I would probably give it an 8/10, its not a full score only because of the snagging and the thinness, otherwise I probably would have given it full marks. So check out HK Scarves' cotton/wool mix hijabs for some great quality hijabs.

See you all in the next post inshaAllah :)

5 comments

  1. Lovely everything sweetie ...
    am huge fan of scarves indeed !!! .

    N@NY

    This week's (Inspired by) up on my blog ,
    come & drop me some love sweetie ,,

    http://artofnanyslife.blogspot.com/2014/07/hello-july-2014.html

    P.S. Follow me on insta & i will instantly follow back @nanyslife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely everything sweetie ...
    am huge fan of scarves indeed !!! .

    N@NY

    This week's (Inspired by) up on my blog ,
    come & drop me some love sweetie ,,

    http://artofnanyslife.blogspot.com/2014/07/hello-july-2014.html

    P.S. Follow me on insta & i will instantly follow back @nanyslife

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's nice. I've been hearing about hk scarves for a while. But you should try Eastessence for some really amazing styles of women scarf. A hijab that will last very long and is very good quality and is very reasonable, you'll surely get them eastessence and you'll love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Voilechic.ca is the nice option to buy hijabs and we provide the great quality and fair ensured about hijabs. Here are possibilities for the hijab store online, I am the hijab design shop.

    ReplyDelete