Dead Dreams, Lost heart

Everyday starts as an adventure. You don't know what Allah will bless you with and who he will allow you to cross paths with. Just remember that no matter what has happened in the past, what mistakes you have made, there is always a brighter future ahead of you. Because after hardship comes ease. Today's post is actually dedicated to one of my friends and it also serves as a reminder to myself to never lose hope. 

I've always felt like rejection was the worst thing that happened to me. To be rejected by the ones I love, from the dreams that I wanted so badly, from the goals I hoped to achieve. But in all honesty, without this rejection, I would not be the same person that I am today. 

Lets just say that I've never been a straight A student, whether that's due to my academic strength or my own laziness, this has stopped me from being able to achieve what I want to achieve. Therefore at this current moment in my life I have no dreams, well no dreams for a constructive job anyway, but as much as I'm trying not to develop into a hot mess, I'd rather let the tides of life sweep me in the correct direction.  

I remember one day  I went to see one of my teachers at college, and this teacher could see that I was having a very hard time in college. Although my teacher didn't know what exactly was bothering me, they knew that I was lost, so they showed me this: “But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not.” (Surah Al-Baqarah:216) Although I had seen this many times before, at that moment in time I released that this was the reminder that I needed. Sometimes were so lost in trying to achieve something that may not be good for us, but because we want it so much we turn into the terminator and end up destroying things around us to achieve this.

Even though life is so short, I've always felt like the journey of achieving your dreams is more important than achieving it. Because once you do achieve it, it will be special, besides who wants everything handed to you on a plate.

Well that's all I've got to say really, Jazakallah for reading this and as usual, this is a reminder for myself and foremost. 

3 comments

  1. my fav colour! thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely said as always! MashAllah very true! I can totally relate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JazakAllah Arfahani and Taki!

    ReplyDelete