How to be happy!


I'm not gonna lie and say I’m a unicorn who poops rainbows 24/7 because I’m not. In fact at one point in my life I was really down and totally hated everything and everyone around me! To be honest without that "dark" period in my life I would have never learnt how to be grateful for all the things I have. Just a quick disclaimer, I’m not a wise person or what not! I’m just a normal person, giving my opinion and advice. So without further ado here are my top tips on how to approach happiness!

My first step is to get rid of the people who are constantly negative. For example there’s always at least that one person who is constantly complaining about the way they look, and they constantly call themselves ugly etc...When you and the world can see they look like Kim Kardashian and in all honesty it just leaves you feeling crap about yourself because they are constantly exaggerating.  Seriously you don’t need these people, get rid. I’m not gonna lie I was once that person who was constantly complaining about everything. If that person is close to you or a family member obviously you can't get rid of them but basically have less contact with them or help them inshaAllah, in there dilemmas.   

Live in the moment. I’m not saying do stupid stuff, like jumping off a plane without a parachute and hope you’ll live…because you probably won’t. I’m saying don’t wait for happiness to come to you, you should turn to happiness. Don’t constantly say “I’ll be happy when…” because after that comes you’ll add another “when…happens, I’ll be happy” because ultimately only you can make yourself happy not whatever that thing may be. Also whenever anything bad happens you can make the best of the situation and turn it into something positive. Don’t take life so seriously! As humans we need to stop filtering out the bad in everything. Life is short, start filtering out the positive rather than the negative.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself, sure bad things happen and you may not be able to change the past but if you’re constantly complaining or ultimately holding on to the past you’re causing your own unhappiness. Start making a change by changing your attitude. When you help someone or go out of your way to help someone, some how you feel a lot better about yourself. So help that friend who is in a bad situation advise them and comfort them. If you honestly don't have the time, remember that in Islam even smiling is an act of charity.   

I know everyone says this but you need to love yourself before you can expect people to love you. And how you ask? By understanding yourself; learn about your character and the way you treat people. Change the things you feel are bad about yourself and if you can’t learn to love them and embrace them because you are who you are and nobody can change that but yourself.

I think that the most important thing is to find a connection with Allah (SWT). Allah  will never abandon us and people will, no matter what happens Allah is there. I know I've said this before but Allah loves us more than we could ever love. So the secret to finding true tranquility and peace is to find spiritual and religious peace first. 

If you guys really like this post, please share this post by recommending this on Google+ just click that little +1 button at the bottom of this post! And hey you can start sending positive vibes by leaving me a comment below on anything really!(Wink wink*) Thank you and Jazakallah for reading this post and I hope to see you amazing sisters in the next post inshallah! 

2 comments

  1. Ahhhh very nice you should do more of these InshaAllah! I found this very useful ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jazakallah Taki! I really enjoy ur posts too!

    ReplyDelete