The Abaya Mission

I've noticed that there are lots of misconceptions about wearing the abaya and one of the main ones is wearing colours. A lot of people both Muslims and non Muslim think that We are compelled to wear only black and to be honest that's not true at all. So I recently bought a couple of fabrics with this in mind. I have decided that I will try my best to wear as little black as possible to help open up many Muslimahs to not only wearing the abaya but to help eradicate a lot of misconceptions about being a Muslim. One abaya at a time!

I got two abayas I got made, this beautiful jeans looking blue and this lovely purple colour. I have more fabrics but now the only question left is what design should I get made? I'm inspired by the beautiful Abayas from a company called the EDZ Boutique a Abaya store in Malaysia. I really do love this style of Abaya, Its a shame they don't have a beautiful abayas like these in stores here in the UK. Anyway...I've been really loving the flowy Abaya style and for the inshallah upcoming sunny days its great for that extra whoosh of air! ;) if you know what i mean! 

So which style would look nice on which coloured fabric? 

4 comments

  1. All styles are beautiful, but I prefer no.2 because I think It has a modest look and details on it, and the colour is soft and nice to wear on summerish :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Number 2 is my favourite too, I think I'm going to get it made in pink but I'm not sure what colour buttons and sash I should get, do you have any suggestions?

      Delete
    2. ok.. I'm not a fashion expert but from my idea, why not go for metallic like silver/gold/pink (if any), as well with sash. As I could see from the dress, the buttons and sash are same colour and contrast with your colour dress. I hope it will help :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks Naima for your help :)

      Delete